Careers @ Alfonica
Join our team
WHO ARE WE? Rose Communications Group (RCG) was founded in 1999 by passionate communicator Maxi Rose and is now operating under 2 brands – Alfonica and RCUK. Alfonica deals with integrated business telecoms solutions, whilst RCUK has evolved into a chain of modern, independent mobile phone showrooms.
OUR CULTURE? We’re looking for candidates who are mission-driven, people-centric, and above all else, looking for a deeper meaning in their work. We are proud to hire talented individuals from all walks of life, as well as individuals from local communities around our showrooms and offices. While our company has been growing for 20 years, we have tight-knit teams. Alfonica has a family nature and an entrepreneurial spirit.
BENEFITS? AT Alfonica, you will be able to grow your career in a multitude of ways. As we expand, you’ll have options to work grow with us! At Alfonica you will be working at a company you can be proud of, we have a corporate and social responsibility programme which sees us raise lots of money for great charities!
When we’re looking for people to join the team, we will list our available roles below. If there are no roles listed below that are suitable to you but you are excited as we are about Alfonica and you want to help grow our telecommunications company from strength to strength, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep your details on file.
Current vacancies (1)
Software Developer (RCG)
Hours: Monday to Friday; 9:00 to 17:30
Contractual Status: Full Time, Permanent (6 Months Probationary Period)
Rose Communications Group is an Ofcom registered and expanding telecoms company. With three retail branches in the UK, and nationwide business to business services, we are committed to servicing our customers’ UK and international needs with trade agreements with all the major UK networks and carriers across a full range of products and services. At RCG we have worked hard to build our product and service portfolio to ensure we are able to cater to our clients’ individual and business telecoms requirements. This role is based at our Manchester Office
As a Software Developer, your role will include:
- Creating, maintaining, and improving systems to meet particular needs
- Analysing the needs of different users and departments and translating these into software requirements
- Creating technical specifications
- Designing, writing, and testing code for software ensuring efficiency
- Researching, designing, and writing new software programs for the business
- Developing existing software by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Making recommendations for future developments when required
- Communicating effectively with the various departments within the company
- Investigating new technologies
- Deploying software tools and processes
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing websites with complex database links. API experience an advantage.
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
- Career motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and management to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- A meticulous and organized approach to work
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problems
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Business skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible attitude and a good team player
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain confidentiality